Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Immigration in Rural America

I found this report to be extremely thought provoking. I highly recommend flipping through it and pondering the findings. I haven't finished looking through it yet, will probably be compelled to share my thoughts when I finish (aren't blogs so much better than vanity plates or 'I love me' walls? We write and assume someone is reading our "profound" thoughts ;-)

11/27/2006 - New Immigrant Settlements in Rural America: Problems, Prospects and Policies A recent study by the Carsey Institute found that immigrant settlers may have a big impact on small, rural communities - sometimes straining resources, but more often than not, reinvigorating dying communities. The report explores policy and community recommendations to help rural America flourish.

No comments:

Disclaimer

I am not a doctor or a medical professional. If you choose to do some of the things I blog about please do your research, talk to your doctor or someone who knows more than I before implementing things.