Friday, December 28, 2007

It pays to be nice...

I love it when I hear a story about someone being rewarded for doing something good or for just being a good person. Life isn't always fair. OK, it's rarely fair, but I haven't found the place where we were promised it would be yet.

Here's a feel-good story of sorts. A waitress in Texas had a cranky customer she waited on in a local restaurant for around seven years. She says the 89-year old was rather mean. She smiled and catered to his wishes. The World War II vet died in July.

Right before Christmas Melina Salazar found out that Walter "Buck" Swords had left her $50,000 and a 2000 Buick.

Not a bad tip for waiting on him off and one. The article didn't say whether he was a decent tipper or if he stiffed her when he ate at the restaurant.

No comments:

Disclaimer

I am not a doctor or a medical professional. If you choose to do some of the things I blog about please do your research, talk to your doctor or someone who knows more than I before implementing things.