Wednesday, January 9, 2008

I want a glow-in-the-dark pig

Scientists have created a live pig that glows fluorescent green under ultraviolet lights.

Forget the fluorescent green pigs, I want one that glows in the dark.

It would need to be one of those little pygmy pigs though, I'd want it to be able to zip around in the house at night and scare away burglars. Plus it would make it easier to get to the bathroom in the middle of the night. Who needs night lights? Pick up a glowing pig at Walgreens. Get one for every room. They double as garbage disposals. Plus, they're cute and loving. Yep, there are a lot of folks who keep them as pets. Until they started glowing, I wasn't inclined to consider owning one.

Although, I might not mind having the full-ton version for the yard. Imagine the fun of having this huge pig running around outside on your property glowing at everyone. Leave it out in the daylight and it's glow all night. Be the first in your neighborhood to own a guard-pig. Nah, they'd make bad guard pigs... too easy to see them and hungry neighbors might not mind eating glow-in-the-dark bacon.

I wonder if I had enough little glowing indoor pigs I could save money on my electricity?

It might be more fun to have glowing cats or dogs ya think?

I wonder if the pigs poop glows.

Here's the story:

Glowing pig passes genes to piglets
BEIJING - A cloned pig whose genes were altered to make it glow fluorescent green has passed on the trait to its young, a development that could lead to the future breeding of pigs for human transplant organs, a Chinese university reported.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080109/ap_on_sc/china_fluorescent_pig

No comments:

Disclaimer

I am not a doctor or a medical professional. If you choose to do some of the things I blog about please do your research, talk to your doctor or someone who knows more than I before implementing things.