Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Rare Talent

I have a fairly new friend I met through the now-closed Fayette Art Center and Gallery. She's quiet-spoken and doesn't seem to be the kind of person who would make a huge impact. Yet she does.

She has the rare talent of making people feel good, of making them smile. When she comes into a room you can feel the warmth and caring she exudes. She sees the good in people and she sees the best characteristics of a person. You know she's seeing them and it has the effect of making those characteristics stronger.

I always feel better about myself when I talk with her.

Yet she's a strong person, lots of inner strength. She proves that caring and goodness doesn't have to be packaged in a personality that can be pushed around.

Quiet strength is the term I'd use to describe her core.

She's thoughtful, too. She recently came to a meeting at the house and showed up with a gift that brightened my evening. Did I mention she's a talented artist, too? Her gift was something an artist friend of hers had made, and it was the perfect gift for the event. Thoughtful.

She's a person of many talents who makes the world a better place to live in. I am thankful to have her as a new-found friend. I think if I mentioned her name it would embarrass her so I won't.

No comments:

Disclaimer

I am not a doctor or a medical professional. If you choose to do some of the things I blog about please do your research, talk to your doctor or someone who knows more than I before implementing things.