Saturday, March 22, 2008

Contrasts

So... I spent nearly four hours on the road today traveling to and from my parents to celebrate Easter with the family. We've started doing it on Saturday as everyone goes to church at different times and this makes it easier on everyone.

Greg, my husband, and I discussed the price of gas on the way up. My son called to let us know he's just noticed a sign for gas that was about ten cents cheaper than in our area. One of my sisters debated on whether she could come as she's a bit tight on money and gas prices are so high.

We talked about the increasing price of groceries. We talked about tightening our belts, paying off bills, paying more attention to coupons, shopping wiser and many other things that usually don't come up at a family get-together.

I came home, slipped out to the studio for an hour and listened to a talk show chocked full of doom and gloom for the economy.

Why am I sharing this litany of dollar-related woe? Read the story below and see if the people who purchased the item below are concerned about saving a dollar...

One thought though --- the purchaser of the flake sure did get a lot of free publicity for their museum site. However, they weren't the only bidder. I'm going to dig through my next box of Cheerios to see if I can find one shaped like a life-preserver. That ought to bring a pretty penny ya think?

Flakey sale nets Virginia sisters $1,350
CHICAGO - Two sisters from Virginia sold their Illinois-shaped corn flake on eBay Friday night for $1,350. "We were biting our nails all the way up to the finish, seeing what would happen," said Melissa McIntire, 23. "There's a lot of relief involved."
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080322/ap_on_fe_st/odd_illinois_corn_flake

No comments:

Disclaimer

I am not a doctor or a medical professional. If you choose to do some of the things I blog about please do your research, talk to your doctor or someone who knows more than I before implementing things.